Tuesday 16 September 2014

MEIA PRAIA BEACH & LAGOS MARINA.

My boyfriend and I had a really lovely day today - we decided to go for a walk along the beach and into the resort centre of Lagos which was beautiful! 

Firstly, I thought I'd post a quick picture of my breakfast! 


Our hotel has such a yummy selection of things for breakfast that I've really been ending up with quite a mixture of things on my plate. In this photo, I've got watermelon, pineapple and muesli with a berry yogurt & then a little cooked breakfast with a Portuguese custard tart (delicious!). There was also lots of lovely fresh fruit juices, tea & coffee and even sparkling champagne! 

After breakfast, we decided to take a wander along the gorgeous sandy Meia Praia beach into Lagos. Our hotel sits just across the road from the beach so it only took us about 5 minutes to walk down the hill and over the boardwalk. 


The beach is absolutely gorgeous! It's just a long expanse of soft golden sand, little cabaña umbrellas and the turquoise blue waves lapping at the shore. It's lovely and quiet for relaxing on & doing some sunbathing, or there's plenty of opportunities for jetskiing, water skiing and swimming! For children, they've also got some little plastic cars with slides attached to them that can be taken out onto the water. 





It took us about 3/4 of an hour to walk along the beach to Lagos, which is a really pretty & old-style Portuguese town. It has a historic castle, lots of little shops & cafés and a really large marina with lots of expensive boats and yachts. We took a little mini waterbus across from the beachside into the town centre and the water is just so clear and sapphire-blue! 



We took a wander along the main streets which were so pretty and rustic. I loved how lots of the areas were framed with these dusty cream rocks too. We came across a gorgeous market (will blog about my finds there in a separate post!) and then I spotted some beautiful pink hibiscus flowers which I had to take some photos of! I absolutely love flowers and these were just growing at the sides of the streets - wish we had that in Glasgow! 



Lastly, before walking back to our hotel along the beach again, we decided to go for lunch at Lagos marina. It is so much bigger than I thought it was going to be with loads of boats & yachts and is surrounded by lots of restaurants where you can have a bite to eat and overlook the marina at the same time. We had a pizza for lunch and I had a delicious peach smoothie drink. 



We had such a lovely day on the beach & in Lagos. Have any of you ever been? 

With love, 
Karen 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template