Tuesday 9 September 2014

AIRPORT & DUTY FREE TREATS.

The time has finally come for me and my boyfriend to go on our first holiday together! In a few minutes, we will be boarding our plane to Portugal, so I decided to do a little post about our time in the airport and the little duty free treats that my boyfriend spoilt me with! 


Our flight is at 6am this morning, so we have both been up since 2am, in order to get to the airport, drop our bags off and get through security in plenty of time! We then went for a little bite of breakfast and to get a Starbucks. Then it was time to have a wander round the duty free shops, which is my favourite part of the airport (apart from jetting away on holiday, of course!) 


I had bought this cute little dotty print makeup from Primark for taking on the plane with me and it is just the perfect to size to stuff in your essentials (and your plastic ziplock for liquids!). I love the creamy colour of this and the big black bow, but my favourite thing about this makeup bag is that it has two large pockets, so you can keep your makeup neat and tidy. 

When I'm travelling by plane, there's always some in-flight bits that I just have to have with me. I always like to take some good moisturiser as I feel that being on the plane can sometimes dry out my skin and I leave to feel fresh! I keep my basic makeup essentials like foundation, blusher, bronzer, mascara, lipgloss and a couple of small makeup brushes in my makeup bag. In my handbag, I always make sure I've got my passport, some money, a bottle of water and a couple of fashion & beauty magazines or a book to keep me entertained on the flight. 



The two beauty counters that I purchased from in the airport were MAC (of course!) and Benefit. 


The first product that I bought was the High Beam luminescent complexion enhancer from Benefit which was £16.50 (the normal retail price is £19.50!). 

I had read lots of great reviews about this product and had been saving some money aside to make sure that I bought it in duty free and I can absolutely agree with the glowing reviews; this is a fantastic little highlighter! 


This satiny pink liquid highlighter accents both your cheek and brow bones to give a radiant glow. It can be used as a spot highligher or blended all over your complexion and will suit all skintones. High Beam also won the Makeup Winner in 2011 at Debenhams Beauty Club Awards. It is recommended that you apply this product over Benetint for a longer laster and more dewy flush, so I think that I may have to invest in this product too as I love this one so much! 


This product is super easy to use and the small bottle is easy to pop in your makeup bag. I put my foundation on first and then gently dot a few drops of this highlighter across my cheek bones, brow bones and down my nose (basically any areas that you want to add a slight glow to!). Then I gently pat it in with my fingers and it creates a lovely shimmer, flatters my face shape and emphasises my cheekbones! 


This is the product swatched on my hand! It is not glittery like some other highlighters, but has a sleek shimmery and a lovely moisturising texture. 

This has now become one of my new favourite makeup products and I will certainly be repurchasing this when I run out! 


The other item that I bought from the duty free makeup counters was MAC's Matte Lipstick in Candy Yum Yum which was £12.50 (normally £15.50!) It's a really bright shade and I fancied something that was fun and would stand out for taking on holiday. 


This is a very daring colour and a hot neon pink. It works really well with lots of skin tones (I found that it lovely on my normal skin tone and when I started to tan!) and it is a hugely popular lipstick with many fashion bloggers (Sarah Ashcroft from That Pommie Girl) is a big fan! 

Candy Yum Yum is a matte lipstick, although it's quite creamy when you first apply it and it's also really pigmented, so a small touch of lipstick goes a long way! It also lasts really well too. 


This is the lipstick swatched on my hand (also with some blended Benefit High Beam sparkles underneath!) so you can see what a bright and bold colour it is. I'm normally quite a shy person when it comes to lipstick colours but this is a great one for summer time or for when you want to stand out. I was really surprised that I loved this lipstick as much as I do! 


I'm now getting on my plane, so thought I'd finish off this post with a dusky pink picture of a plane in the sky! Can't wait to get to Portugal - expect lots of posts about summer fashion and my holiday! 

What are your travelling essentials and what products are on your duty free wishlist? 

With love 
Karen 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template