Tuesday 9 September 2014

IN LOVE WITH KIMONOS.

The other big summer trend that I really like are kimonos as they are so pretty and very effortless to wear! Kimonos originate from the Japanese geisha girls; with their pale skin, red lips and dark hair, the floral prints mix perfectly and the floaty drapes hang beautifully and help to keep them cool. 

There are so many lovely prints and fabrics available from the high street stores that I was totally spoilt for choice when looking for one for coming to Portugal! I eventually settled on a bright pink one with colourful tropical flowers on it from New Look; it was £19.99 and was so nice that my friend actually ended up buying the same one! 

I've worn it once so far for dinner on my holiday and it was perfect. I wore it with a plain black cami top, some aztec printed trousers and a chunky statement necklace. The material is so light and it is perfect for draping over your shoulders to stop you from feeling a little chilly at night time (or maybe even during the day in UK weather!). 

I'm really in love with this trend and I like how the longer length seems to be coming into fashion too - this will be ideal for autumn before moving into chunkier cardigans. I love prints and these have been a huge festival trend this summer, especially at the Coachella music festival in California (even mixing different and clashing prints together has been a big trend!) 

Here's my pick of the best images of how to wear kimonos: 
(All of the following images are from tumblr) 












What's your perfect kimono style? 

With love, 
Karen 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template