Monday 8 September 2014

LUNCH IN MOFFAT & DUCK POND FUN.

After visiting Moffat with my boyfriend a few weeks ago, I meant to get a little post up about our day spent there & just completely forgot! I thought I'd write one now though as we had such a lovely gem and also found an absolute gem of a coffeeshop/place for lunch which I will definately be returning to! 

It was a pretty sunny day and we both fancied a run in the car somewhere, so we decided to head down to Moffat which is a lovely little town near the Scottish borders. Following the motorway for abit, we then came off onto some country roads and the scenery round about this area is just breathtaking! 

We decided to go for lunch in a little place called Brodies of Moffat and I honestly think its my favourite coffeeshop I've ever been to. If this was closer to where I'd lived, I'd definately go there for my coffee splurges rather than Starbucks or Costa. 






The interior design of Brodies is completely to my own personal tastes and I just loved it instantly! It has a very modern, cosy and cute vibe to it with a mixture of comfy chairs and sofas to choose from. The cream walls, light wooden floors and big windows give it a very spacious feeling. My favourite part is the patterned wallpaper with the little owls, birds and trees and I also liked how we got a cream-coloured fresh rose on our table! 

I really struggled on what to have for my lunch as the menu has such a great choice and everything sounded so yummy! They do lots of breakfast treats such as pancakes & bacon, sandwiches, toasties, paninis, Mexican tortillas, soups, light bites and salads. I eventually opted for the smoked salmon and cream cheese bagel which came with a little side salad (it's the nicest bagel I've had!) 


If I thought choosing my lunch was hard, choosing a slice of cake proved to be even more difficult! They had six different cakes in glass containers on display and a mixture of other small pastries and biscuits, lile lavendar shortbread and scones. All of the cakes looked yummy and I really struggled between blueberry sponge, lemon drizzle and a raspberry one with frosting! 


On the recommendation of the waitress (as I just couldn't pick!), I had the raspberry cranachan sponge cake which was divine. The sponge cake melted away in my mouth, the icing was sweet and fluffy, and there was also a kick of raspberries and liquoer. My boyfriend chose the white chocolate and coconut sponge cake which tasted equally as yummy! 


After our beautiful lunch, we headed to Moffat park where we had a wander in the sunshine through the gardens and then decided to be very big children and have a go on a swan pedal boat in the middle of the pond! 


If you are ever in Moffat, I would definately recommend this little place (just round the corner from the main street!) if you're looking for something yummy or a sweet treat! 

With love, 
Karen 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template