Saturday 20 September 2014

A LITTLE PAPAW SECRET.

I discovered Lucas Papaw Ointment when Boots started to stock it and I don't think I'll look back to be honest! It's a relatively new product as it's originally from Brisbane in Australia and it's used to heal minor skin conditions. However, what I like to use it for is chapped & cracked lips! 


This ointment can be used on loads of things such as burns, cuts, grazes and insect bites and it is very soothing and healing. Papaw ointment has the secret ingredient of papaya fruit in it which actually has antibacterial properties! 

The product has a relatively thick consistency and a light fruity/milky smell from the papaya. It melts into the skin really nice and easily and all you have to do is rub it in a little! At first, I thought it felt quite similar to Vaseline, but then I changed my mind as it doesn't feel as sticky and greasy! 


I like to put this on my lips before I go to bed and then leave it on overnight so that it can really absorb and moisturise them. I like to use it most nights and I'll apply a little bit during the day if I feel that my lips are particularly dry! 

I've also found that putting a little light coat of this on before applying a matte-based lipstick, such as my MAC Candy Yum Yum neon pink one, helps to keep my lipstick on for longer and also stops my lips from drying out as much! 

I know this is probably not what this product is intended to be used for, but I love it and it gives me great results!

Have any of you tried Lucas Papaw ointment before? 

With love, 
Karen 


No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template