Monday 22 September 2014

LAGOS MARKET AND HOLIDAY PURCHASES.

My boyfriend and I visited a lovely little market in Lagos and I had promised to do a blogpost about some of my purchases there! I was totally in heaven at the market as there was endless stalls all filled with pretty jewellery pieces, handbags, purses and scarves. 


I found it really difficult to choose what pieces of jewellery to pick! There were so many beautiful colours, textures and styles and all of the jewellery was so cheap too! Everything was on 2 for €5 and lots of the pieces looked very similar to Topshop and Accessorize ones that you would pay a lot more for back in the UK! 


The market also had some gorgeous handbags and I know that it's a bit frowned upon to buy fake designer handbags, but I really couldn't resist buying this camel-coloured Michael Kors bag for €25. It is such a lovely colour and will go nicely with dark jeans, chunky knit jumpers and is the perfect size for popping my iPad and notebooks in for starting uni! I also really love the gold accents on it too and until I can afford a real Michael Kors one, then this is the perfect alternative. 


I also picked up this lovely dusky pink fake Chanel purse with little gold bits on it aswell. I adore Chanel handbags and purses and I really hope that one day I will be able to afford to buy a real one! This purse is perfect for keeping my cards in (I have way too many cards for all different stores and coffee shops!) and this is ideal for sorting them out into. 

It took me ages to decide on a necklace but I eventually opted for this pink and gold chunky statement necklace. I also picked up a couple of lovely bracelets in baby pink and bright turquoise. 

I'm really sad to be going home today as me and my boyfriend have had such a perfect holiday together and I really don't want to leave Portugal and go home to rainy Glasgow. 

I'm writing this post just as we're waiting on our plane to take off! Getting through the airport today was a little bit stressful as we had to get through three sets of security and there was really big queues so sadly I didn't really have any time to do some airport shopping in Faro. 

I picked up a Costa caramel latte and had a very quick little look in Accessorize where I came away with this gorgeous elephant necklace. It was €13 (it's sold for £10 in Accessorize back home) and I just thought it was so cute. The elephant has little studded crystals and it comes in gold and silver (I chose the silver one!). I also really like how it's quite a dangly necklace and it will look really nice to dress up a plain top! 




(not my photo). 

I hope you've all enjoyed reading about my holiday in Portugal and when I get back to the UK, I plan on getting started with some autumn inspiration posts! 

With love, 
Karen 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template