Saturday 20 September 2014

BOOTS BOTANICS MARSHMALLOW MOISTURISER.

I bought this lovely moisturising day cream from the Boots Botanics range before coming away on holiday and I now think it's one of my favourite moisturisers! 

I'd always fancied trying something from the Boots Botanics range as everything in these products are completely natural ingredients and they are so reasonably priced. They do a few different ranges such as Ultra Calm, All Bright and Radiant Youth, which each have own their selection of specially formulated products to choose from. 

I have combination skin (sometimes a little oily, sometimes a little dry) but I don't normally get too many spots, so I guess I'm quite lucky! I decided to try the Day Cream moisturiser from the Ultra Calm range as I thought it was the colllection that best suited my skin type. 



Here's what it says on the label! 'This comforting moisturiser immediately calms irritable skin and with continued use reduces sensitivity. The unique formula instantly boosts the moisture levels of delicate skin, providing all day hydration and advanced protection from the damaging effects of UVA/UVB rays. Marshmallow is nature's soothing star. The roots are packed with natural sugars and polyphenols that work together to help leave skin less reactive and calmer. Our beauty scientists use active plant extracts approved by the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew to bring you beautiful skincare that is proven to work.' 


I would say that this label is really accurate as I've found it to be a great product which really works for me! 

It's £4.99 for a 50ml tub which is a good size as it's a light & little pot that you can pop in your handbag or suitcase for on-the-go or it looks pretty sitting on top of your chest of drawers in your bedroom. The packaging is very simple to reflect the natural ingredients and the Ultra Calm range is a light blue in colour. 

The only little disappointment that I had with this product was that it didn't smell of marshmallows sadly! It's not really got a scent, but instead just feels lovely and refreshing on the skin. 


I use this product every morning as my main moisturiser and I always make sure to put it on before wearing any makeup to keep my skin hydrated. I just use my fingers to rub it in & it melts away in my skin which I love! 


Here is a little bit of the product swatched on the back of my hand (it looks quite a thin consistency in this photo but is actually quite creamy in real life!). You don't need to use a lot of this product to get a nice moisturised feeling and I also find that it doesn't make my makeup feel oily or greasy when it's on top, which some moisturisers can do. I really love this one and my next Botanics purchase is definately going to be the Ultra Calm eye cream. 

Have you tried any of the Boots Botanics products? 

With love, 
Karen 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template