Wednesday 20 August 2014

TREND - PASTEL HANDBAGS.

I have really been loving the pastel handbag trend that seems to have taken the fashion world by storm over the spring/summer months. It is a great and simple way to really dress up and accessorize an outfit, yet is totally effortless. I am a big fan personally of pastel colours as I think they look great on most people and can be mixed and matched to create new looks all the time.

I did a previous post about co-ords inspiration and lots of these featured lovely bright pastel colours in shades of baby pink, blue, yellow & mint green. A great way to finish off this look, or to complement a more neutral or totally white outfit, is to add a pastel handbag. 

Here are some of my favourites when it comes to pastel handbags (all of which were found on Tumblr). 



This stunning bag from Givenchy is just beautiful and I am loving the sugary pink and soft lilac shades that it comes in. 



River Island have also done a lovely selection, including this bubblegum pink & bright lime colour. (I know lime's not really a pastel, but I just couldn't miss this bag out!). A River Island bag is still quite pricey (but certainly cheaper than a Givenchy one!) and these are very similar in style to the designer brand, are a great quality and help you to recreate the look for a fraction of the price!!


While sitting having a cup of tea, I began to look at ways that people were wearing the pastel handbag trend and came across a lovely fashion blogger called Megan Cawe. (I personally think her pastel handbag style is my favourite!). To find Megan on Instagram, search for @megan_cawe and her blog is www.megancawe.blogspot.co.uk. All of the following pictures are taken from her Instagram and are a great source of inspiration! 


This is my all time favourite look of hers, regarding the pastels trend. The bag is from La Moda UK and I just adore this mint green colour. It looks stunning against her white Zara skirt and white sandals. 



If you haven't already checked out Megan's blog or Instagram, then I would definately recommend it! It's such a pretty account with lots of fashion inspiration and I love the way that all of her outfits seem to look stylish and smart. 

I am definately planning on getting one of these sugar pink handbags to add to my collection and even though I love my coral one from Accessorize, a girl can never have too many handbags! 

With love,
Karen 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template