Tuesday 19 August 2014

PLATINUM BLONDE HAIR & SCHWARZKOPF GOODIES

Tomorrow, I am going to get my hair done and I am really excited as I am going to change it up a little bit. I'm booked in at a lovely hair salon for a cut & colour and I've been putting it off for a little bit as I wanted to have my hair freshly done for going away on holiday.

I've been getting blonde highlights in my hair for about two and a half years now, so my hair is pretty much blonde all over! I really love it as my natural colour is dark, but I've decided that I'm going to go even lighter for a change. I normally get ash blonde and light cool tones highlighted through my hair, with some darker lowlights to give it a more natural finish (and to make my roots less obvious when they come in!!). However, I've been wanting more of an all over colour for a while and I'm finally going to go for it! 

I'm hoping that my hair will turn out a lovely silvery platinum blonde colour. Here are some photos, all of which were found on We Heart It, that have inspired me to finally change my hair look: 











I will post some photos of my hair on my Instagram (@practicemulberrywishes) when it's done tomorrow! 

The last time that I was at the hair salon, I invested in some new hair products to try out. The hairdresser suggested that I try three things from the Schwarzkoph range, which I find expensive and is much more than I would normally pay for products, but on their recommendation, I decided to give them a go. However, I have had mixed feelings towards these. 


I bought the shampoo & conditioner, both from the Colour Freeze range. As I have light blonde hair and had been bleaching it quite alot recently to get to my desired colour, my hair had started to become quite dry and just generally not in great condition. This Schwarzkoph range is all about putting moisture back into your hair and helping to nourish and soothe dry hair. It was £10 for the shampoo and £10 for the conditioner, so I was expecting to see quite a difference in my hair when I first used it! 

I wasn't particularly impressed with these two products and felt that they were rather overpriced. The packaging of the bottles is very classy and understated, but I think that both of these smelled funny, and I always like a shampoo to smell nice! 

When applying it to my hair, both the shampoo and conditioner felt exactly the same in texture and were quite a thin consistency. The thing that I did like about this product was that a little of it seemed to go a long way and the shampoo was lovely and foamy, and lathered nicely into my hair! However, once I had washed it off, I felt that my hair was just greasy and totally lacked any life! It didn't do anything for my brightening my colour and disappointingly, I still had dry patches. 

I also bought the Schwarzkopf HairTherapy Rescue Treatment Mask for £12 as it was also suggested for using to 'rescue dry hair'. I have only used this once as it made my hair so greasy! I have used a similar product from the John Frieda range in the past and found it to be far better, at a quarter of the price!! 


Lastly, I wanted to blog a little about two of my new favourite hair products (in the photo above). They are the Pro-Voke Touch of Silver shampoo and conditioner and are priced only at £3 per bottle (brilliant value for money!) You can get these in supermarkets, Boots and Superdrug.

I have found these to be really fantastic products and they work wonders on my hair! The shampoo is a Twice A Week Brightening shampoo, so I usually use this on my hair on the nights when I'm going out somewhere (and not to work!). The shampoo smells lovely and is quite a vibrant purple/lilac colour. I leave this on my hair for about 5 minutes in the shower and then rinse it off and I really find that my hair has noticeable silvery tones and that my blonde colour is more cool and brightened. I tend to use the conditioner just when I use the shampoo (even though it's the daily nourish one) as I have another conditioner that I use on a daily basis. This conditioner is gorgeous and leaves my hair feeling lovely and soft! These products are almost too good to be true it seems! 

What are your favourite hair products at the moment? 

With love, 
Karen 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template