Wednesday 20 August 2014

BIT OF NAUGHTY SHOPPING AT GLASGOW FORT.

My boyfriend was starting work earlier than usual one morning last week and I as I was already up and about, I had some time to waste before meeting my mum later on. I decided that I would go to Glasgow Fort for an early morning Starbucks and do some more blogging! They have a Starbucks that opens from 8:30am and it's usually lovely and quiet. I like to go in with some uni work at that time and a coffee and get some peace & quiet.

Most of their shops don't open until 10am so I got a caramel latte and read a few blog posts from some of my favourite fashion bloggers. However, they have a flagship Boots store there which opens at 9am and it is massive! I decided that I had to go and have a little look as they have lots of premium brand makeups like Clinique, Clarins, Stila, Philosophy, Benefit etc and also a big choice of drugstore brands. I browsed around the makeup aisles and have added lots of products to my makeup/blogging wishlist! 

I usually always use the Maxfactor False Lash Effect mascara in Black, but I noticed that they had brought out a new product which was slightly different (and it was also on offer!). I have quite long and dark eyelashes naturally, and so I just like my mascara to add some definition and volume. 


This new one that I bought from Maxfactor is Extensions False Lash Effect mascara and I think it's now become my favourite! This mascara is £12.99 (I got them on a 3 for 2 in Boots!) and it's brilliant. It glides on to my eyelashes really easily, doesn't clog or clump at all and gives the effect that you have eyelash extensions. 

I was really pleased with this new purchase. The brush is a slightly different shape to the False Lash Effect one as it is thinner and more curved, which actually makes it easier to apply, and with just one coat, there is a visible difference to my lashes. 


For going away to Portugal, I wanted a couple of lightweight lipglosses that I could either wear during the day or in the evenings. I chose a couple from Boots Natural Collection as they are great value for money! They are only £1.99 each and I already own 'Toffee Cream' which is a light champagne/gold shimmer colour.

The two in the photo above are 'Raspberry Ripple' and 'Caramel Shortcake'. They smell nice and also last surprisingly long on your lips for such a cheap price. I think that the pale pink one will be nice for wearing during the day if we go out to visit the marina or shops, and the darker magenta will be perfect for adding a little sparkle in the evenings. 


Essie is a brand of nail polish that I have seen featured loads on beauty blogs, Instagram, We Heart It and Tumblr, but that I have never bought anything from. When I discovered that this Boots had an Essie range, I decided that I would definately be purchasing something to give it a try! 





I have been following Essie's official account on Instagram and the pictures above are all taken from their feed. Essie do alot of different ranges, such as matte, sparkly and glittery nail polishes in a huge variety of colours.

Originally, I quite fancied going for a nude coloured nail polish as I don't really own many of them and Essie has some lovely fudge, vanilla and pale caramel colours. I quite like to wear neutral colour nail polish or French manicure for everyday use, but then like more vibrant colours for going out! 


So, totally opposite from what I went in for, I came away with Essie's 'Big Spender' which is a lovely aubergine/purple colour. I convinced myself that I needed it as mauve colours are already starting to become a big trend on the catwalk for autumn/winter and I thought that this would be a nice addition. 


In the photo above, I tried out my new Essie polish and was over the moon! (I can totally understand what all the fuss is about now!). I just applied one coat at first to see what the colour was like and it is very pigmented and glossy. The colour is lovely and pure and the nail polish glides on easily. With just one coat, I managed to wear this nail polish for a week with no chips and I was so happy. It was definately £7.99 well spent!! 


Glasgow Fort have a large New Look which has a really good jewellery section and always has a brilliant selection. I bought this pretty pale pink necklace, that has diamanté chips and a slight hint of a peach tone to it. 


It was £5.99 and I think that this is going to be quite a versatile piece. The necklace is quite delicate and neutral in colours, so it will go with lots of autumn/winter colours and could be worn with chunky jumpers or lightweight tops. 


The last little piece of shopping I did was to have a look around H&M. They are starting to get in lots of their new autumn/winter collection and I spent quite abit of time browsing around their jackets and blazers. I like to buy from H&M for their basics as they do a great range of knitwear and casual wear at affordable prices that is good for everyday wear or can be dressed up. 

I really fancied some long cosy knit jumpers for the autumn season as these are quite lazy outfits and will be good for throwing on for uni with my Uggs or a pair of boots and some jewellery. The jumper in the photo above was £14.99, and I bought it in this purple colour and also in a cream. 


I also picked up this cream peplum top for £7.99 for wearing during the transition phase from summer to autumn. It is made from a slightly stretchy material and  I love the shape of this (it's really flattering on most shapes!) and really emphasises your waist. I plan on wearing this with some statement gold jewellery, my black jeans and leather jacket. 

Hope you are all having a lovely week. Don't forget to follow me on bloglovin & Instagram.

With love,
Karen 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template