Tuesday 19 August 2014

PINK PEARL POP FROM MAC.

I've been reading alot of beauty blogs recently and one thing that I have found in common with most of them, is that they all highly rate MAC products. I have never bought anything from MAC before and really had no idea where to start, so I read various blog posts & reviews online and decided that I'd like to start with a lipgloss.


Me and my best friend, who has just got back from Italy, decided to go shopping to Silverburn, which has a lovely MAC store attached to their large Debenhams. I have had a quick look here and there before, but never for anything in particular. 

What really draws me to MAC is their branding and visual merchandising - they are very unique compared to most other high-end beauty brands. Their style is black, classy, simple & understated, yet still has a hint of luxury and edginess to it. We had a browse around their blushers, eyeshadows, primers etc and also their foundations (Studio Fix Fluid is on my wishlist of makeup to try!!) before coming to the lipgloss & lipstick section.

There were so many colours to choose from and also different finishes, both in their lipglosses and lipsticks. I loved their Dazzle Gloss lipgloss range (I may have to purchase the gorgeous light sparkly pink one!). However, I decided that I was going to be brave and go for a lipstick. I don't normally wear lipstick, so this was branching out of my comfort zone slightly. At £15.50, they are certainly not cheap, but to me, so far it has been worth every penny! 


After spending quite a while looking at the colours and names, and trying out quite a few shades on the back of my hand, I eventually came away with the Creme Sheen Lipstick in the shade Pink Pearl Pop.


I decided to try wearing my lipstick for the first time when I was going out with my boyfriend last Saturday night. We were going out to the cinema to see the Inbetweeners 2 and I figured that as we would be in a dark cinema for most of the time, it was a good way for me to test out my lipstick (incase I didn't like it!).

However, the lipstick was perfect!! I went for quite a natural makeup look with just some light beige eyeshadow from my MUA palette and some black eyeliner. The lipstick was very easy to apply and blended it nicely. It gave a kind of matte effect but also slightly shimmery and the colour lasted on me all night and I didn't need to reapply it all!! 


The colour was a lovely vibrant pink and I could definately understand where the 'pop' came from in the name. With just one application of this, it gave my lips a lovely full colour but it also had a pearlescent effect which helped to soften it down. My outfit was neutral cream colours and to be honest, this lipstick would work well with most looks as it is a fairly natural colour. 

I can't wait to try out some more MAC lipsticks. I'm totally lusting after a nude coloured one that I saw in the store and I also fancy a burgundy/mauve colour for the autumn/winter season! 

Which colour shades are your favourite? 

With love,
Karen 
x

P.S. I posted previously about the No7 self-tan that I had received from work and promised to let you all know how the colour was! It was fantastic, I didn't end up orange at all and instead, had a lovely natural glow! I loved this product and genuinely think its worth paying the £12.95 for!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template