Monday 18 August 2014

BLOG INSPIRATION - DAISIE PETALS

I have been following the Instagram account of @catherineeward for a long time and it just gorgeous! Her feed is full of dreamy pictures of makeup products and lipglosses, clothing that she has bought and pretty jewellery pieces. When I discovered that she had a blog, I just had to have a little read! 


Catherine's blog can be found at www.daisie-petals.blogspot.co.uk. 


The design is very simple and classic with a lovely pale pink, nude and cream look. Catherine also has a cute header with some little daisy flowers. Her blog is mainly dedicated to posts about beauty, with lots of reviews, pictures of herself wearing products and sharing her new purchases and favourites! 


I first got the inspiration to finally give in and buy a MAC lipstick after seeing this one photographed on Catherine's Instagram. The colour of the lipstick above is 'Lovelorn' which is a gorgeous bright pink colour that looks lovely against most skin tones and gives an outfit a pop of colour. (My blog post about my new MAC lipstick will follow!!) 



Her Instagram feed really inspires me for makeup looks and ideas, as she tends to wear pretty and neutral makeup, with pinkish tones, which is quite similar to my own style. I am so keen to try out some of NARS makeup products as I have never purchased anything from them before, but have seen them featured on lots of beauty blogs and they seem to get great reviews. (Maybe when I get back from Portugal and have some more money!!) 


The packaging for the Rihanna Loves MAC collection is beautiful - it is so simple and classy, yet also has an edgy Rihanna feel to it. I loved her range of makeup products that she designed for MAC and again, I think that these (especially this lipgloss!) will be getting added to my wishlist. 





The four photographs above are all products that are definately on my beauty wishlist. 

I was lucky enough to receive a bottle of Chanel Cristalle perfume from Boots around Christmas time and it smelt amazing (meaning that I used up most of the perfume within a short time!) Ever since, I have really wanted something from their makeup range, but I am finding that the prices are a little out of my range at the moment, especially because I'm a student! I would love to try their foundation as it gets some great reviews and I think it just looks gorgeous. So maybe something to add to my Christmas wishlist! 

Laura Mercier is another brand that I haven't bought anything from before but have seen featured on lots of fashion and beauty blogs. These Creme Brulee scented bath salts and body creme smell lush and I definately think they might be something I need to purchase, maybe in the winter time! 

I was in Superdrug a couple of weeks ago and noticed that they stocked the Tanya Burr range of makeup. I was really tempted to pick up one of the lipglosses, priced at £6.99, but as I have bought a lot of lip sticks and glosses recently, instead decided that I would add it to my wishlist. The colours are fab and it is such an affordable and chic range! 

The last product that I am lusting over is the MAC Mineralize Bronzing Powder. I currently use the Bobbi Brown one which has lasted really well and is a lovely colour. I sometimes find that bronzing powders can look really dark against my skin, but this one has a natural colour and a matte finish. I fancy trying the MAC one when mine is finished as it has a slight shimmer to it. 

It is definately worth giving both Catherine's Instagram and blog a follow, especially if you are like me and are totally obsessed with makeup and beauty products!!

With love, 
Karen 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template