Friday 15 August 2014

SILVERBIRCH GARDEN CENTRE & A TREAT FROM WORK

I had a lovely Friday today! As I've been staying at my boyfriend's quite alot recently and my mum's been busy too, we decided to have a girlie afternoon and go out for lunch. 


We went down to Silverbirch Garden Centre in New Lanark which is one of my favourite places. The countryside around it is so beautiful and peaceful and the actual garden centre itself is in a lovely situation. The little coffee shop feels like sitting in a log cabin and is furnished with lots of comfy chairs, cushions and soft wood. 


I decided to have a ham, goat's cheese & sunblushed tomato ciabatta which was absolutely yummy. It was lovely to get properly caught up with my mum and spend some time together. 


The staff are so lovely and welcoming and really make you feel very at home here, in fact it's one of my favourite places to come for coffee! It's also only about a 10 minute drive away from my boyfriend's house which is very convenient. I was very naughty and had a delicious piece of iced gingerbread cake and a cappuccino to finish off! 


We went for a wander round the garden centre and they have a big 50% off sale on at the moment (possibly to get rid of their summer stock!). They have some gorgeous interior design ideas and home furnishings in lots of creams, golds and sparkles which I just simply love. 

I am really excited to see their Christmas display this year. Last year, it was absolutely stunning and I will definately be doing a blog post about this year's one!! 


I had a little evening shift in work tonight for 3 hours and was absolutely delighted when I was given a free bottle of the No7 Perfectly Bronzed Quick Dry Tinted Lotion. 


This self-tan lotion retails at £12.95 from all Boots stores and has already got some great reviews, so I can't wait to try out this product myself! I love No7 cosmetics and skincare products, so I'm sure that this one will be brilliant too.

This is a very natural tanning lotion and will give your skin a gorgeous glow. It is also very moisturising for your skin, enriched with Babassu oil and passion flower to soothe your skin. This self-tan also gives you a light guide colour so that you can see where you are applying it and has a lovely sweet smell (which is something that most other self-tanning products don't normally have!!) 

As I am going out for dinner & cocktails to Nandos tomorrow night with my boyfriend and some friends, I have decided to give this a go tonight. So far, I have been very pleased with the product as it doesn't feel greasy at all on my skin and I will let you know how my colour looks tomorrow!! 

Hope you all had a lovely Friday! 
With love, 
Karen 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template