Thursday 14 August 2014

TONIGHT'S MAKEUP LOOK WITH PINK SHERBET LIPS

I love experimenting with makeup and trying out new ideas & looks. After going out for a Costa Coffee today and picking up a few nice new bits and pieces, I decided that I would try a new makeup look for work tonight. 

Working in Boots, I get a lovely staff discount on all makeup brands and products and I am usually very aware of what the new launches are and what is very on-trend at the moment. Working in the pharmacy as a dispenser, however, I don't get to spend as much time looking at the makeup, fragrances and hair products as I would like to! 



In the above photo is a picture of my makeup look from tonight at work. I wear a white uniform and work in the healthcare area of the store, so overly bright and outrageous makeup would not be appropriate (or to my tastes!!). I decided to go for a natural look, with some light eyeshadow, black eyeliner and some new pink lipgloss.


My hair is naturally quite wavy and as it has been very heavy rain all day today, I decided to leave it slightly curly and twist it up into a little side bun, which I deliverately left slightly messy. This is very easy to do and took me no more than about 30 seconds! 


For my eye makeup, I decided to wear a little more than I usually do. Most days, I normally just wear some mascara and like to leave my eyes quite natural-looking. However, I had picked up a lovely new eye palette with some gorgeous colours in it today & decided that I simply had to try it out! 


MUA eye palette, £4.00

This eyeshadow palette from MUA is called 'Heaven and Earth' and has a lovely range of neutral colours that can be worn during the day as a natural look or build up to create a more smokey and edgy effect for the evening. The colours have a very slight shimmer to them and are really easy to apply. I found that they were nice and creamy and for only £4.00, this is an absolutely fantastic buy! I have heard that MUA's lipsticks are brilliant, so I think that this will be a future investment for me! 


I had a No7 voucher that entitled me to £3 off makeup & £5 off skincare, so combined with my staff discount card, I simply couldn't resist buying a lipgloss (priced at £9.00!) This lipgloss is from the 'High Shine' range and is 'Pink Sherbet'. 


I am such a huge fan of the No7 products as I think they are great value for money and they have something to suit everyone's needs. The 'High Shine' lipgloss range are moisturising lipglosses that boost your collagen and have some special vitamins in them that protect and care for your lips. They also contain an SPF and have a lovely glossy finish when applied! 

I was really pleased with this purchase 
and I absolutely love the gorgeous sugary pink colour. This lipgloss has a rather sweet taste which I like and the thin spongy brush makes it very easy to apply. They have a lovely range of colours such as Pink Icing, Coral Kiss and Plum Blush and I think that I might need to add a few more to my makeup collection! 



I was also very lucky to receive this beautiful limited edition Vera Wang Pink Princess fragrance from Boots. This perfume retails at around £19.99 and I immediately fell in love with the bottle! It is a dark pink and glittery perfume bottle in a cute loveheart shape and has a pretty silver clasp in the shape of a crown.

This perfume has a gorgeous scent and has a mixture of pink grapefruit, raspberry sorbet, pink hibiscus, honeysuckle, marshmallow and white amber which results in a lively and sweet fragrance. 

I hope you are all having a lovely week! 
With love,
Karen x

No comments:

Post a Comment

A pipdig Blogger Template